July 16, 2014
Introducing the new Smith Bike from bikebike.ca!
Bike sharing continues to expand nationally as major cities invest in infrastructure, bike lanes, and city-wide bike sharing programs.
While cities such as Montreal and Toronto offer a fee based system to the general public, Grosvenor will be the first residential developer in Calgary to offer a unique private Bike Share only to residents of Smith. The Smith Bike Share Program will be free to residents, with no additional fees to book bikes or hourly rates.
How does it work?
Bikes will be stored in secure storage. Simply speak to the concierge to book a bike. Once booked, the concierge will provide you with a key to the bike lock. Unlock the bike and go. When done, return the bike to the storage room, lock it, and return the key to concierge.
What are the benefits?
- It’s a green way to get around – especially in the Beltline where all amenities are so close.
- You can park them anywhere and for free - No more paying for expensive car parking.
- Get a jump on traffic with all the bike lanes and pathways.
- No more bike maintenance – the building and concierge take care of the bikes.
- Free up your storage for those important items you want to keep, instead of your bike.
- Unlike public bike share programs, where anyone can use the bikes, these bikes can only be used by residents of Smith.